BY SAVANNAH CASE MYBOHOMIE
Spring has sprung! Are y’all as happy about it as I am? It’s time to cook some yummy Easter meals that can easily transition into everyday meals.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
The perfect potato dish to please a large group and especially perfect for Easter. There is so much good flavor going in these potatoes. It’s creamy and cheesy and garlicky with just the right amount of spices. Everyone will love it! Promise.
4 tbsp 1/4 cup flour
1 small onion, diced small
3 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup chicken stock
2 cup whole milk
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp S+P
1/2 tsp paprika
7-8 golden potatoes sliced 1/8-1/4” thin
3 cups shredded colbyjack or mild cheddar, divided 1 1/2 cups 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
1. Oven at 400˚
2. Grease a 9×13 dish.
3. Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
4. Add onions, cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add garlic and cook another 1 minute.
6.Whisk in flour, continue whisking 1 minute.
7. Gradually add chicken stock, whisking until combined.
8. Add milk, S+P, thyme, parsley and paprika, mix.
9. Once the sides starts to bubble around the edges, turn off heat.
10. Slice potatoes. I used a mandoline. 1
11. Spread half of your potatoes on the bottom of your casserole dish.
12. Cover with half of cream sauce.
13. Add 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 1/2 cup grated parmesan.
14. Repeat steps— add rest of potatoes, cream sauce and cheese.
15. Spray foil with non stick so the cheese doesn’t transfer, cover the casserole with foil. 1
6. Bake 40 minutes covered.
17. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more. This should ensure your potatoes are cooked through.
18. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
Carrots have to be an Easter staple right? Well this recipe will go perfect with anyone’s Easter menu or make an easy side dish all year round.
2 lbs of whole carrots 6 tbsp butter, melted 1/4 cup honey
3 tsp garlic, minced 1/4 tsp S+P Fresh parsley
1. Oven at 400˚ 2. Trim carrots, and peel. 3. Cut carrots into thirds or fourths and then cut them again lengthwise. 4. Melt butter, add honey, garlic, S+P 5. In a greased casserole dish or oven safe skillet add carrots, pour sauce over and make sure carrots are coated.
6. Roast in oven for 35 minutes or until tender, halfway through stir the carrots to make for more even cooking. Broil the last 2-3 minutes. 8. Garnish with fresh parsley.
NOTES: Half the recipe if serving 4-5, same cook time. If you use baby carrots they will take 50 minutes-1 hour.
Whipped Banana Cheesecake Puddin’
This is the fluffiest, creamiest, easiest banana pudding you’ll ever make. I’m serious… it’s like your eating a delicious banana cloud. It’s the perfect Easter dessert to bring to any event or family get together you having this spring or summer. The best part…there’s not actually any bananas so it travels well! You can make it a day ahead and there is no yucky brown bananas in there.
1 box (3.4 oz) instant banana pudding 1 box (3.4oz) instant cheesecake pudding 1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar 1 8 oz. cool whip, thawed 2 cup milk 1 box vanilla wafers
Once your cream cheese is good and soft, use a hand mixer and whip it.
Then add sugar and mix again.
Add sour cream, mix.
Add cool whip, mix.
Add puddings, mix.
Slowly add milk, 1 cup at a time and mix until whippy and combined (it will
thicken up and get even whippier in the fridge).
In a casserole dish layer wafers & pudding until done, top with crumbled wafers
and put some around the side if you have any leftover.
Put in refrigerator for 4 hours-overnight. This gets better the longer it sits.
Easter Cheese Ball
Everyone loves an easy appetizer to serve while you finish up the meal. Right? Well, this is what you need to make! It’s cute, tasty and the perfect pre-course to any get together. You can make it the day before and it’s ready to please the people when they walk in your door.
16 oz. cream cheese, soft
16 oz. cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder 1
/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire
Dash of hot sauce (optional)
Fresh Parsley for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl whip your softened cream cheese together. 2. Add sour cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and mix.
3. Using fresh cheddar cheese from the block, grate it. 1/2 goes into the cream cheese mixture, fold it in evenly (save half for the outside of the carrot, either don’t grate it all or put the other half into a ziplock bag).
4. Lay your cream cheese onto a piece of plastic wrap and using a spatula or your hands form it into a carrot.
5. Lay another sheet of plastic wrap over the top and continue molding it into the shape of a carrot as perfectly as you can.
6. Refrigerate it for at least 4 hours.
7. Unwrap and lay the carrot onto a large plate or board.
8. Using the fresh parsley make the carrot stems.
9. Add the rest of your grated cheese to the outside of the carrot.
10. Serve with your favorite crackers
SAVANNAH CASE is Conway native, wife and mother. I love music and anything that has to do with style, whether it be in the home or fashion. But I absolutely love being your go to foodie girl. I want to help you create a delicious meal you and your family can enjoy with ease.
Spring is in the air here in Faulkner County and we love every bit of it! With…
BY JENNIFER STANLEY BY STRAIN PHOTOGRAPHY Local musician Roo and her band, Death To Rosaleana, are making…
Makayla & Luis BY JENNIFER STANLEY Makayla and Luis Fregoso, both lifelong Conway residents, married on Friday,…
Permanent Hair Removal by Angela Jackson, owner Studio Skin. At Studio Skin, we offer electrolysis hair removal.…